It’s October! The air is chilly and the leaves are turning orangey colours. It’s also when stores start putting their Christmas items on their shelves… but wait we’re not there yet!
Every month, there are opportunities to share a gift with a loved one or even a stranger! A gift is an act of kindness that can brighten someone's day. October holds two major celebrations in Canada: Thanksgiving and Halloween. These holidays are opportunities to give and spread kindness.
Thanksgiving - October 9, 2023
Thanksgiving is the perfect holiday to express your gratitude through gifts. It’s in the name - Thanks - giving. In fact, you can celebrate all month! After you’ve finished your delicious turkey dinners, baked pumpkin and apple pies that you picked up from the farm, and caught up with family members at get togethers you can continue the month in a giving spirit. Here are some ways you can participate:
- Donate food to the less fortunate
- Volunteer for a cause that you’re passionate about
- Send a loved one a customized gift to show your gratitude - https://cemarketingsolution.ca/
- Start a fundraiser to support a cause
Halloween - October 31, 2023
Spooky season is upon us! Halloween is an exciting time filled with lots of sweet treats and an excuse to play make believe. What is your costume this year? A vampire, a ninja, or maybe a celebrity? Or are you keeping it a secret until the day? From spooky decor, haunted houses, and pumpkin carving, Halloween is a day many look forward to.
It may not be the first thing that comes to mind but Halloween is a giving holiday. It’s a time of generosity as it’s a tradition to give out candy to your community. This year you can get creative with your giving! Here are some ideas:
- Instead of just giving away candy, add a little surprise. This can be a friendly little note for each person who’s out trick or treating
- Donate costumes to the less fortunate. Brighten a child’s day by gifting them an exciting costume.
- Giving doesn’t always have to be material objects. You could give your time and help out a tired parent by offering to take their kids out trick or treating.
As it gets colder, a special gift can warm someone’s heart. Check out our website to see a variety of personalized gifts you can give this month! - https://cemarketingsolution.ca/
By Jola Harrison